MMS: Social Media
Greenbelt, MD 20771
The MMS social media program is intended to communicate the science of MMS, as well as Heliospheric and STEM-related information to the general public and education professionals in an educational, fun and engaging way.
- Improve STEM Instruction
- Increase and Sustain Youth and Public Engagement in STEM
Sec. 20102 CONGRESSIONAL DECLARATION OF POLICY AND PURPOSE
(d) Objectives of Aeronautical and Space Activities.--The aeronautical and space activities of the United States shall be conducted so as to contribute materially to one or more of the following objectives:
(1) The expansion of human knowledge of the Earth and of phenomena in the atmosphere and space.
(4) The establishment of long-range studies of the potential benefits to be gained from, the opportunities for, and the problems involved in the utilization of aeronautical and space activities for peaceful and scientific purposes.
(5) The preservation of the role of the United States as a leader in aeronautical and space science and technology and in the application thereof to the conduct of peaceful activities within and outside the atmosphere.
(7) Cooperation by the United States with other nations and groups of nations in work done pursuant to this chapter and in the peaceful application of the results thereof.
Sec. 20112 FUNCTIONS OF THE ADMINISTRATION
(3)Provide for the widest practicable and appropriate dissemination of information concerning its activities and the results thereof;
Sec. 20131 PUBLIC ACCESS TO INFORMATION
(a) Public Inspection.--Information obtained or developed by the Administrator in the performance of the Administrator's functions under this chapter shall be made available for public inspection, except information as outlined in (1-3.)