Denver, CO 80237
After over twenty years as a teacher and administrator in formal and informal programs, I joined McREL's Education and Public Outreach team in 2008. I am the lead for McREL's E/C work for NASA's Discovery and New Frontiers programs, the Dawn mission, and CosmoQuest, and was a team member on Stardust-NExT, EPOXI, and Planet SEPOF. My projects have included a variety of development grants for the National Science Foundation and US Department of Education Institute of Educational Studies (IES).
- Professional development design and implementation
- Project management
- Curriculum design
- Multimedia approaches that improve access and thus, equity
- STEM with cross-curricular elements
- Integration of standards, research and evaluation
- Delivery platforms for diverse formal and informal audiences
- Social media and web content
- Visual content design and collaboration
Dawn E/C, Discovery and New Frontiers Program E/C, CosmoQuest, NASA Wavelength, Planet SEPOF, SD-NExT E/PO, EPOXI E/PO
ASP, AGU, NSTA,CAST
Art and the Cosmic Connection: Uncovering patterns using the elements of art. Cobb, W.H., Aiello, M., Macdonald, R., Asplund, S. Art and the Cosmic Connection: Patterns and the NGSS. (2014 TBD). Science and Children. NSTA Press.
A Year of Inquiry: A Collection for Elementary Educators. Cobb, W.H., Rountree-Brown, M., McFadden, L., Warner, E. NSTA Press. October 15, 2012, Chapter 22: Inquiry into the Heart of a Comet. [free as the example chapter]
Exo's Discovery. With Bloom Animation for NASA Discovery Program.
Edit and manage the Dawn Blog: http://dawnblog.jpl.nasa.gov/