Nuggets submitted by the NASA SMD Science Activation community can be found here.
To submit a nugget:
1) Create your nugget using the template provided in the link below. Please note:
a. One Slide (plus the title slide though it will not be posted)
b. Use timely information
c. Include who, what, where, why information
d. Audience: Stakeholders and General Public
e. Use plain language
f. Spell out acronyms
g. Do not use red text
h. Use interesting visuals with captions, but ensure parental release forms are obtained before using images with minors (or use a different image)
i. Remember to include a high res photo (for posting on science.nasa.gov/learners/nuggets).
2) Use the following template for naming your file: DATE SUBMITTED_PI LAST NAME_SMD DIVISION (Astro, Earth, Helio, Planetary, or CrossDivision)
3) Email your completed nugget file and one high resolution image file used in the nugget to Lin Chambers.
4) Post your nugget to the workspace (Create+ --> Nugget), making it public, and tagging your group, the SciAct Collective, and the Community Page.
- This past August, Andrea Jones and Staci Tiedeken, both of NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center’s Solar System Exploration Division, spoke about planetary science and exploration at two local libraries in support of the AAAS-organized Summer of Science.
- Jones led a program at Beatley Central Library in Alexandria, VA; Tiedeken spoke with visitors at Long Branch Library in Silver Spring, MD.
- Roughly 50 people attended these events and learned about Goddard’s contributions to planetary...