GBH "Framework for Diversity and Equity in K-12 Science Educational Media"
Tags: Elementary | High School | Educator | Underserved / Underrepresented | Best Practices / Lessons Learned
Posting GBH's Framework for Diversity and Equity in K-12 Science Educational Media Final Report The Framework consists of five parts:
- Part I, A Summary of Diversity and Equity Research, summarizes key research in diversity and equity related to four themes identified by the advisory group.
- Part II, Practices that Support Diversity and Equity in K-12 Education, identifies practices that support diversity and equity in science education that are grounded in the research literature. This section includes practices and examples of how the practices can be enacted.
- Part III, A Review of Media Resources that Support Diversity and Equity in Science Education, contains a review of media resources that exemplify aspects of diversity and equity. This review guided the development of the Design Principles for Diversity and Equity in K-12 Science Educational Media, outlined in Part IV.
- Part IV, Design Principles for Diversity and Equity in K-12 Science Educational Media, is meant to guide the development of science educational media to support equity and diversity.
- Part V, A Summary of BUAC Sample Resource Review, summarizes the Collection’s strength and opportunities for improvement, based on an analysis of a selection of BUAC resources.