BCC / NASA / NSF Geospatial Technology Educator Professional Development Opportunity – Deadline – 8/19: Stipend Available
Tags: Educator | Earth Science
The Bronx Community College Geospatial Center of the CUNY CREST Institute is offering a ten day hands-on remote professional development workshop for K-12 educators and college professors: “GEOSPATIAL TECHNOLOGY FOR EDUCATORS“.
Dates are: 24 August to 4 September, 2020; 9:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday.
Educators must be currently teaching and affiliated to US accredited institutions [K-12 and Colleges].
WORKSHOP LEARNING OBJECTIVES AND OUTCOMES
- To provide you with hands-on exposure in geospatial analyses with a focus on Remote Sensing.
- To train you in downloading and installing free open source geospatial software.
- To train you in using open source geospatial software for performing basic spatial operations.
- To discuss, brainstorm and train you in designing a project at your respective institution.
- To provide you with an experience in working with geospatial data and analyses in the cloud [Amazon Web Services].
- To provide you with networking opportunities and collaborations.
- Join the community of educators participating in the NASA Office of STEM Engagement learning management system at the Goddard Institute for Space Studies to gain access to NASA education content, resources and mission updates for use in your classroom.
Deadline to apply is 19th August, 2020.
For details and to apply, please see the attached flyer, application form and agreement form.
To learn more about the program, visit:
Graduate Center http://www.gc.cuny.edu/home
Geospatial Center Facebook @bccgeospatial
Limited spots available!