GLOBE in the 2018 MUREP Educator Institutes
Tags: Higher Education | NASA Headquarters | SMD E/PO Community | Underserved / Underrepresented | Training / Workshop | Professional Development | Scientist Engagement | Student / Teacher Participation | Nuggets | Scientists | Earth Science
The MUREP Educator Institutes (MEIs) brings together students and professors from Minority Serving Institutions to each of the NASA centers for an authentic STEM experience. The GLOBE Mission Earth team (University of Toledo and NASA Langley) have been working in collaboration with Texas State University, the GLOBE Implementation Office, GLOBE Partners, and NASA to incorporate GLOBE training into the 2018 summer activities.
Recent Preparation Activities
- Presentation to Educator Professional Development Specialists (EPDC) on GLOBE
- EPDC Specialists conduct GLOBE eTraining for GLOBE, Clouds protocol, and Surface Temperature protocol
- Online follow up Training with GLOBE Master Trainer
- Recruiting GLOBE Trainers for participation in Summer MEI. Currently have matched GLOBE Trainers for 9 of 10 NASA Centers.
- MEI scheduled for June 2018 at all NASA Centers
- This effort is estimated to impact over 527 MEI participants (92 faculty and 435 students). A total of 77 MSIs will be in attendance.