Nuggets submitted by the NASA SMD Science Activation community can be found here.
To submit a nugget:
1) Create your nugget using the template provided in the link below. Please note:
a. One Slide (plus the title slide though it will not be posted)
b. Use timely information
c. Include who, what, where, why information
d. Audience: Stakeholders and General Public
e. Use plain language
f. Spell out acronyms
g. Do not use red text
h. Use interesting visuals with captions, but ensure parental release forms are obtained before using images with minors (or use a different image)
i. Remember to include a high res photo (for posting on science.nasa.gov/learners/nuggets).
2) Use the following template for naming your file: DATE SUBMITTED_PI LAST NAME_SMD DIVISION (Astro, Earth, Helio, Planetary, or CrossDivision)
3) Email your completed nugget file and one high resolution image file used in the nugget to Lin Chambers.
4) Post your nugget to the workspace (Create+ --> Nugget), making it public, and tagging your group, the SciAct Collective, and the Community Page.
The Apollo celebration on the National Mall was a multiday event (7/18-7/20) that drew in tens of thousands of people from around the world, despite the heat. Andrea Jones and Staci Tiedeken of GSFC’s SSED led the SSED’s contributions to this event which included:
- Moon to Mars Tent:
- Going back in history with a lunar exploration timeline
- Exploring Mars’s crustal magnetic field using MAVEN
- Learning about the Curiosity rover
- Discovering how places on Earth are similar to...
160 elementary and middle school students from underserved communities attended a NASA astronaut STEM engagement visit hosted by the Office of Congressman Jose Serrano for the South Bronx Overall Economic Development Corporation (SoBro) & BronxWorks.
Staci Tiedeken and Andrea Jones of GSFC’s SSED discussed past, present, and future lunar exploration; Rock Abrasion Tools onboard the Mars Exploration Rovers constructed in part from World Trade Center materials to honor victims of 9/11; and...Download