Nuggets submitted by the NASA SMD Science Activation community can be found here.
To submit a nugget:
1) Create your nugget using the template provided in the link below. Please note:
a. One Slide (plus the title slide though it will not be posted)
b. Use timely information
c. Include who, what, where, why information
d. Audience: Stakeholders and General Public
e. Use plain language
f. Spell out acronyms
g. Do not use red text
h. Use interesting visuals with captions, but ensure parental release forms are obtained before using images with minors (or use a different image)
i. Remember to include a high res photo (for posting on science.nasa.gov/learners/nuggets).
2) Use the following template for naming your file: DATE SUBMITTED_PI LAST NAME_SMD DIVISION (Astro, Earth, Helio, Planetary, or CrossDivision)
3) Email your completed nugget file and one high resolution image file used in the nugget to Lin Chambers.
4) Post your nugget to the workspace (Create+ --> Nugget), making it public, and tagging your group, the SciAct Collective, and the Community Page.
- On May 4, scientists and outreach specialists from NASA Goddard Space Flight Center’s Solar System Exploration Division participated in the Planet Walk event on the Baltimore & Annapolis Trail.
- Walkers, runners, and bikers had the opportunity to learn about the planets, asteroids, and the Sun at activity tables that were stationed along a scale model of the solar system.
- A 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 Moon landing astronomy café followed the daytime activities.