Nuggets submitted by the NASA Science Activation community can be found here. Every week, SMD selects one nugget from the community to send to the White House. The most recent submission is posted below. Links to nuggets submitted over the past six months can be found in the first post in the feed below.
To submit a nugget:
1) Create your nugget using the template provided in the link below.
2) Use the following template for naming your file: DATE SUBMITTED_PI LAST NAME_SMD DIVISION (Astro, Earth, Helio, Planetary, or CrossDivision)
3) Email your completed nugget file and one high resolution image file used in the nugget to Maria Washington.
4) Post your nugget to the workspace (Create+ --> Nugget), making it public, and tagging your group, the SciAct Collective, and the Community Page.
- Over 200 people attended the Fort Belvoir Star Party held October 10th in Fort Belvoir, Virginia.
- Andrea Jones of the Planetary Science Institute and NASA GSFC and Staci Tiedeken of ADNET Systems, Inc. and NASA GSFC discussed International Observe the Moon Night, the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter mission, and lunar science and exploration with visitors.
- Military members and their families were also able to learn about different types of telescopes and do some terrestrial observing.