This Feed Tab contains announcements - posts - about activities, events, and resources of the Science Mission Directorate (SMD) Education and Communications Community and related news of interest.
To find specific content, select Posts or Calendar Events in the left sidebar and type in a keyword to narrow your search. The "Topics" Tab is another place to find content; similar content is grouped together and presented as individual topics.
Archive of the Earth Science Nuggets submitted.
The Nugget sent in recaps Earth Science Week 2012, which had the theme: Discovering Careers in Earth Sciences. Please note, the first slide is the 1-page nugget, the next 2 slides are back-up info (participant quotes, pictures of participating NASA Earth Explorers).
Also attached is a spreadsheet listing all of the Earth Explorer "Talent" - scientists, engineers, educators, communicators, who contributed their time by writing blog posts, participated in social media and other ESW...Download Attachments
The following E/PO nuggets and highlights were submitted to NASA HQ in October:
- Rachel Weihs submitted a nugget on ASK FL (Advancing Teacher Knowledge Through Teacher Education) that shares the second in a series of professional development workshops on climate change presented to sixth grade teachers. /post/4552
- Izolda Trakhtenberg submitted a nugget on a classroom visit and her work with middle school students using data from AURA to study NO2 and surface-level ozone....
MONTHLY HQ REPORT
Please send me anything from your Earth Science E/PO program (mission E/PO or ROSES) that you'd like to highlight for Headquarters and for this community by [towards the end of the month]. These reports are voluntary.
Please email me the following information:
• a short description of any significant accomplishments from this period -- and their impact
• a few bullets on any upcoming events
• a contact name and email in case there are questions
• mission or...
1. Integrated Geospatial Education and Technology Training - Remote Sensing
• Summer Institute for instructors of GIS at 2-year colleges, funded partially by the National Science Foundation
• USGS EDC, Sioux Falls, SD
• Build geospatial workforce: teach GIS instructors how to download, analyze, and integrate Landsat, Terra, ASTER data with GIS to deal with issues of societal concern.
• Partners: NASA Landsat, USGS Landsat, National Council for Geographic Education, National Geospatial...