Education positions open at NRAO
Please help spread the word to your networks. The National Radio Astronomy Observatory has 4 positions currently open, two full-time exempt positions and two internships:
STE(A)M Education Specialist in Socorro, NM will work with the EPO officer to develop tours of the VLA, radio astronomy summer camps, and additional outreach materials. Full details on the NRAO careers page (linked above).
STE(A)M Education Program Development Officer in Charlottesville, VA will help have a foot in both words, grant writing and program development. Full details on the NRAO careers page (linked above).
Public Information Intern: In collaboration with NRAO’s public information officer, the public information intern will:
- Support the development and dissemination of various outreach projects for the observatory;
- Write and edit news releases and media “tips” based on accepted and published research from NRAO’s telescopes;
- Interview members of the NRAO’s scientific staff for background.
The starting date and duration of this assignment are flexible and will be based upon the availability of the ideal candidate. This is a paid internship stationed in Charlottesville, Virginia.
For more information, contact Charles Blue, NRAO public information officer, on:
Multimedia Intern: In collaboration with NRAO EPO Multimedia and Web Developers, the Media Intern will support NRAO’s team of EPO graphic artists and image experts in showcasing the remarkable scientific discoveries made with NRAO’s powerful telescopes.
The Multimedia Intern will:
- Catalog and sort astronomical images and illustrations using digital asset management software CatDV;
- Add metadata to web gallery and press release images using CatDV and Adobe Bridge;
- Migrate web content from NRAO’s current public website to new WordPress site.
This is a 3-month paid internship that is located in Charlottesville, Virginia, and can begin immediately (Feb 2017).
For more information and to apply with resume and cover letter, contact Alex Angelich: firstname.lastname@example.org