PD - CHARM - Titan Cold Cases: Open or Closed?
Tags: General Public | High School | Higher Education | Informal | SMD E/PO Community | Educator | Training / Workshop | Webinar | Presentation | Scientists | Planetary Science
Date: Oct. 25, 2016
Time: 11am–12:30pm PDT, 2–3:30pm EDT
Speaker: Conor Nixon, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Direct from a Cassini Project Science Group workshop held a mere two weeks before the October CHARM! Hear about what we know about Titan topics that were investigated early in Cassini’s mission. Learn what questions have baffled and perplexed Cassini scientists for a long while (cough cough cryovolcanism cough cough). Join us to hear Conor Nixon of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center present an overview on multiple mysteries from this massive moon.
- (Not yet available)
How to Join
If this is your first time using WebEx, you’re encouraged to log on a few minutes early so that the WebEx Add-On can be downloaded and start running on your computer. Directions for using WebEx are as follows:
- In a web browser, go to https://jpl-mars.webex.com
- Meeting number: 920 710 744 .
- Click on the green box labelled “Join.”
- WebEx will ask for your name and email.
- If you have never used WebEx on your computer, you will see a screen saying “Cisco WebEx Add-On Required to Join Meetings.” Click on “Download and Agree” button.
- Download, open, and install the Add-On.
- You will automatically join the meeting.
- WebEx will give instructions for joining the audio teleconference. Click OK.
NOTE: Do NOT dial the WebEx number, or use the WebEx audio! You will be accessing the audio conference via a separate line (see below).
USA Toll-Free Number: 1-844-467-4685
Participant Passcode: 77 45 37 97 27
- When the telecon begins, please mute your phone while the speaker is talking.
- If your phone doesn't have a "mute" button, your phone may be muted by pressing "*6" (star six).
- The "*6" feature is a toggle; your phone may be unmuted for questions by pressing "*6" again.
- For technical problems encountered during the training, pressing "*0" (star zero) will signal the operator who can temporarily remove you from the telecon "room" to resolve the issue.
- If entering the telecon after the recording has begun, please enter SILENTLY and do not announce your name as the recording will have already begun.
- DO NOT place your phone on "hold" if music is played while the hold button is engaged, as the music will be heard by telecon listeners and will be disruptive to the speaker.