Nuggets submitted by the NASA SMD science education community can be found here. Every week, SMD selects one nugget from the community to send to the White House. The most recent submission is posted below. Links to nuggets submitted over the past six months can be found in the first post in the feed below.
To submit a nugget:
1) Create your nugget using the template provided in the link below.
2) Use the following template for naming your file: DATE SUBMITTED_PI LAST NAME_SMD DIVISION (Astro, Earth, Helio, Planetary, or CrossDivision)
3) Email your completed nugget file and one high resolution image file used in the nugget to Maria Washington.
4) Post your nugget to the workspace (Create+ --> Nugget), making it public, and tagging your group, the SciAct Collective, and the Community Page.
Heliophysics Nugget for Aug. 10, 2016
++See attached slide for photos and stats.++
AAS Eclipse Meeting in Carbondale, IL
- Goddard Heliophysics Education Consortium presented NASA’s plans for the 2017 eclipse to over 150 science education community partners.
- The team worked with NASA EDGE crews to shoot film footage of the campus and conduct scientist interviews.
- They participated in special topic groups and the AAS Eclipse Steering Committee.
- Team members were interviewed...