Nuggets submitted by the NASA SMD science education community can be found here. Every week, SMD selects one nugget from the community to send to the White House. The most recent submission is posted below. Links to nuggets submitted over the past six months can be found in the first post in the feed below.
To submit a nugget:
1) Create your nugget using the template provided in the link below.
2) Use the following template for naming your file: DATE SUBMITTED_PI LAST NAME_SMD DIVISION (Astro, Earth, Helio, Planetary, or CrossDivision)
3) Email your completed nugget file and one high resolution image file used in the nugget to Maria Washington.
4) Post your nugget to the workspace (Create+ --> Nugget), making it public, and tagging your group, the SciAct Collective, and the Community Page.
Submitted Earth Nuggets for September 2014.
- NASA LaRC SD E/PO Brings Earth Science to Take Our Youth to Work Day
- NASA Days at Busch Gardens
- Terra at OMSI After Dark – Seeing Our Earth from Out of This Word
- GPM Visits Summer Camps and Libraries
- GPM Curriculum Writers, Classroom Teachers Write STEM Lessons
Stephanie Schollaert Uz
Stephanie Schollaert Uz
NASA Partners with LittleBits Electronics on STEM Activities, Mission: Aura, April 25, 2014
REEL Science Communication Contest, Missions: ICESat, Terra, and Aqua, April 30, 2014
GLOBE- Furthering Science Education in the Near East and North Africa
Eric Brown de Colstoun
NASA Earth Sciences Rock the USA Science and Engineering Festival!
GLOBE Begins Protocol Trainings in...Download Attachments
Earth Science Week Team
NASA 2012 ESW POCs
NASA Earth E/PO Forum Team (IGES)
• Theresa Schwerin, NASA Earth E/PO Forum Lead,
• Brandi Bernoskie, Science Communications Manager, science writer, social media,
• Laura Delgado Lopéz, Earth Observations Associate/writer (fluent in Spanish, guest on CNN en Español),
• Morgan Woroner, Program Associate (writes SMD E/PO news; for ESW coordinates kit distribution with AGI),
• Emily Schaller, Science and Education Coordinator...
Click on title (blue) for each event/activity below to download PPTs!
Susan Buhr Sullivan
- Increasing public awareness and action about air quality issues in Colorado’s Front Range:
Utilized CairClips on a series of public air monitoring hikes (64 hikers on 6 hikes with NPR coverage)
- Coordinated weekly air monitoring hikes & meetings with AQ researchers in Rocky Mountain National Park for NCAR...
1. Collaboration with the American Chemical Society
• 2 articles in ChemMatters
• NST/ACS Webinar
• ACS Podcast
2. Ozone Poster: 30 years of satellite observations
• 3 new products added to NASA Wavelength
o Ozone Poster
o Color Mapping Lessons
3. Debut of Color Mapping activity at Union Station
4. NASA's 'Eyes on the Earth'
Recognized by Webby Awards
• Eyes on the Earth...
A team from the NASA Earth Science Education Collaborative participated at the 2016 Odyssey of the Mind World Finals with Classroom Activities, E-Theater science presentations, and hands-on activities at the Creativity Festival.Download